turn off outdent for only certain pages

Home Forums Reykjavik turn off outdent for only certain pages

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

mlav
    Participant

turn off outdent for only certain pages

Resolved

Hey there! Have you noticed this support service is provided FREE of charge?
    If you like the speed and accuracy of resolutions, please consider supporting me with a small donation. Thank you

Consider a donation →

Hello! I generally like the outdented content, but would like to turn it off on my home page. I would rather not use a page builder for this because I actually want a very simple page layout, just without outdenting.

I usually use Gutenberg editor, which I believe removes the “Formats” option that is recommended for this https://webmandesign.github.io/docs/reykjavik/#formats
    I installed a plugin to revert to the Classic editor, but I still do not see the “Formats” option.

Is there something else I can do to turn off outdenting h2 on just my home page?

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi mlav,

First, the “Formats” dropdown button is also available in “Classic” block of Gutenberg editor. It is just hidden in second row of buttons (which would apply also for Classic Editor plugin).

So, using that (Formats → Outdent → Outdent selected content) would be the easiest fix for your issue. However, it would be good idea to use it with Classic Editor plugin as Gutenberg editor will not give you a visual feedback (at current theme version).

Alternatively, you can use this code in your child theme‘s functions.php file to disable the outdented page content on your homepage only (you can disable it globally in theme options):

function child_theme_layout_page_outdent( $value ) {
    	if ( is_front_page() ) {
    		$value = false;
    	}
    	return $value;
    }
    add_filter( 'theme_mod_layout_page_outdent', 'child_theme_layout_page_outdent' );

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.