Video instead of the images

Home Forums Auberge Video instead of the images

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    pabloluna
    Participant

Video instead of the images

Resolved

Hey there! Have you noticed this support service is provided FREE of charge?
    If you like the speed and accuracy of resolutions, please consider supporting me with a small donation. Thank you

Consider a donation →

hi!
    Hope you can help me, i have some questions:

1-I wonder if in the free version I can change the header images for a little video or gif?

2-There’s a “share (social media share buttoms)” section in the middle of my web, I dont know why, can this being deleted?

Sorry my bad english!
    Thanks
    Not my first lenguage (wich is spanish)

Pablo.

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi Pablo,

1. Please understand that I can’t provide you with the code that is in paid version of the theme. For enabling video post format you need to use a paid version of the theme. However, I haven’t tried, but I don’t see a reason why GIFs wouldn’t work as featured images in WordPress. The only reason why they wouldn’t be animated is due to WordPress image cropping. But you can maybe override this by displaying full image size using this code in your child theme‘s functions.php file:
      function child_theme_entry_featured_image_size( $image_size ) {
      	if ( strpos( get_the_post_thumbnail_url(), '.gif' ) {
      		$image_size = 'full';
      	}
      	return $image_size;
      }
      add_filter( 'wmhook_entry_featured_image_size', 'child_theme_entry_featured_image_size' );
    2. This is a Sharing feature of Jetpack plugin and you can disable it in plugin’s settings.

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

pabloluna
    Participant

So, if I BUY the the paid version I have to start from cero again with the page?
    I think im gonna buy it coz i need to put a video on the header (and if u can tell me how to do it please)..

THanks

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi pabloluna,

So, if I BUY the the paid version I have to start from cero again with the page?

Thank you for considering a purchase. No, your content will stay intact even if you upgrade to paid Plus version of the theme (or even if you change a theme altogether). WordPress stores your content in database, which is a theme independent.

I think im gonna buy it coz i need to put a video on the header (and if u can tell me how to do it please)..

I’m not sure what you mean. If you only want to display a video as a intro section of a specific page, you can simply use a page builder plugin to do so. Even with a free version of the theme. The paid version only adds support for post formats (including the video post format).

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

pabloluna
    Participant

So I buy it for no reason lol.
    I mean this:

1-I wonder if I can change the header images for a little video or gif?
    Add an image example
    :)

• This reply was modified 8 months ago by pabloluna.
    pabloluna
    Participant

Nevermind! I just found how!
    Thanks!

pabloluna
    Participant

So I install the pay version anyway.
    Now I have new issues, hope you can help me.

1-, the header video dont play atomatically when I enter the web (i have to make click to play it, not the idea)
    2- Can i hide the video play bar? I dont like it.
    3-Theres a white line down the video, cant find the way to fill it with blue.

References in the added image!
    THanks!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi pabloluna,

1-, the header video dont play atomatically when I enter the web (i have to make click to play it, not the idea)
    2- Can i hide the video play bar? I dont like it.

I’m sorry, this is not a theme issue. If you are using a plugin to display the video, please check the plugin documentation or support.
    If you are displaying video using one of WordPress native widgets, please check a WordPress support forum for how to enable autoplay and hide the video controls.

3-Theres a white line down the video, cant find the way to fill it with blue.

You can remove the video margin using custom CSS:

.custom-banner .mejs-container {
    	margin: 0;
    }

Tip: You can also remove the gradient overlay over the custom header if you want.

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

pabloluna
    Participant

Thanks!

I have the same issue with the white line but in the footer now, can u give me the code for this?

thanks!

pabloluna
    Participant

so i chat with wordpress support, they told me the video widget doesnt support autoplay. and the widget area is added by the theme.

So there other way i can add a video in the header with autoplay?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.