View images in post excerpt

Home Forums Mustang View images in post excerpt

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Etienne

View images in post excerpt

Resolved

Hey there! Have you noticed this support service is provided FREE of charge?
    If you like the speed and accuracy of resolutions, please consider supporting me with a small donation. Thank you

Consider a donation →

Hi Oliver!

After searching, I would like to asking you 2 things concerning blog page:

– Is it possible to view images in the post excerpt??

>I don’t want to use Featured images (otherwise i must modified 500 post!).
    I just want to show image that is present in the post, on the excerpt.

– And is it possible to have the same post structure than the classic blog post for the custom post used with Shortcode?

> I would like to reproduce your featured blog example (for the “featured header” which is present in all blog pages), but the excerpt are too “small”…
    Otherwise, if there is a way to display a “featured header” in all pages of blog without touching the structure of post, I’m interested :)

Hope you can help!

Thank you in advance,

Regards
    Étienne

>> EDIT: attachment :

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi Étienne,

1. Images in excerpt: Yes, you can place custom HTML into “Excerpt” field for your posts, so it displays the images. Otherwise the HTML from auto-generated excerpts is tripped out by WordPress itself. You can enable it, but you need to know what you’re doing or you might end up with errors in your website’s HTML code. Using the WordPress native “Excerpt” field (you will need to enable it in “Screen options” on your post edit screen probably) is the way for you to go if you do not want to use featured images (however, you should reconsider this). If you are concerned about setting these featured images for your old posts on the website, please note that there is a plugin that automates the process for you – quick searching the web found these:
    2. Sorry, but I don’t quite understand what you actually aim for here. Do you want to display the custom header over the all posts? Or what layout you want to reproduce? Can you also provide an URL of which featured blog example you mean (there are 2 versions on theme demo website).

Regards,

Oliver

Etienne

Hi Oliver, sorry for the delay of this answer.

I will try to be more specific, google translation is sometimes a ugly friend :)

I don’t want to use featured images. I post several images in every post (I’m a painter), and I would like to see them on the blog page, in the excerpt content.
    For now, I have only texts in excerpt, and this is not possible for what I want to show of my work! :)

As example, my previous theme was Anew (see attachment): it’s not a featured image we see, the image is into the post.

And I hope there is a way to obtain the same visual rendering with Mustang!!

Ideally, i would like to reproduce your featured blog template:
    http://themedemos.webmandesign.eu/mustang/blog/featured-blog/
    but without mansory style, and of course with images in the post excerpt.

I hope my explanation is more clearer! :)

Regards,
    Étienne

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Etienne

That’s Ok!

I found what I want! :)
    The “status” post format is perfect for me, so I customise it (title “true”, etc..) and duplicate the .php file in others post format files.

Not the best way, I imagine, but it works like I want :)

Thank you for support!

Étien’

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi,

Please note that the reason why the status post format is working for you is that it displays the whole post content, not the excerpt (which was the case with your previous theme too, I guess). https://github.com/webmandesign/mustang-lite/blob/master/content-status.php#L23

I’d say you should really copy the content.php file into your child theme and play with that one rather than setting up a status format for all your posts.

Regards,

Oliver

Etienne

Hi Oliver, that’s what I do: copy content.php in my child theme!
    It works like I want: you can see your theme in action just here !

:)

Thank you again for your support, really professional!

Regards,

Étienne

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi Étienne,

Great job on your website! Really playful effect in your intro slider!

Regards,

Oliver

Etienne

Thanks!

Glad you like it! :)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.