Wave Accessibility Test is Failing

Home Forums Polyclinic Wave Accessibility Test is Failing

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

pm
    Participant

Wave Accessibility Test is Failing

Resolved

Hey there! Have you noticed this support service is provided FREE of charge?
    If you like the speed and accuracy of resolutions, please consider supporting me with a small donation. Thank you

Consider a donation →

The site needs to pass the online accessibility test from

http://wave.webaim.org//

Put the site’s provided link in and run it to see all the errors.

It is receiving 17 feature errors, 17 structural elements with issues and 21 HTML5 and ARIA problems plus a contrast error.

Most of the issues are in the header and menu bars and I’m not sure what I need to do to fix these accessibility issues.

I would appreciate any help you can give.

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi pm,

I don’t see anything wrong with your website. There are 0 (zero) errors reported:

You can double check the highlighted issues by clicking the flag icon to open the “Details” panel and then click the “i” icon to reveal more info about each issue.

I’ve run through those quickly and they seem to be perfectly fine.

As for the “Form label” issue, this is related to WordPress search form and is described in the knowledge base article with suggested “fix” (if you really need to “fix” it).

As for low contrast issue, I can’t figure out what the Wave mean here. I’ve run your website through other accessibility tests and none of them reports any contrast issues. So, it seems this is just a Wave related. Anyway, it is not reported as an error, so the Wave only wants a human interaction here to confirm it is not an error. Which is actually true for all the other issues it reports – it only needs a human interaction for those to confirm they are not errors.

Please read the knowledge base article about accessibility testing for more info: https://support.webmandesign.eu/accessibility/

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

BTW, the result you get in Wave means the site passes the Wave test – it contains no errors.

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

And now I can also see what Wave means by the contrast issue. It actually complains about accessibly hidden title of a widgetized area (the “Header info sidebar” specifically).

Please note that this is not an issue as the text is not actually visible on the page, so there is no real color applied to it. But it is still kept accessible for assistive technologies: a screen reader will simply read the title to a user perfectly fine.

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.