WebMan Accordian not recieving keyboard focus

Home Forums Icelander WebMan Accordian not recieving keyboard focus

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

jasonct203
    Participant

WebMan Accordian not recieving keyboard focus

Resolved

Hey there! Have you noticed this support service is provided FREE of charge?
    If you like the speed and accuracy of resolutions, please consider supporting me with a small donation. Thank you

Consider a donation →

Hello,
    I have placed several Accordions (one with toggle and one as a regular accordion today to see if it makes a difference), and they simply do not receive Keyboard focus at all. I checked with JAWS and the content is not accessible by down arrow or any other way.

I am using Beaver Builder and have correctly selected “Theme Modules” > WMAccordion.

I am using Icelander and have all the necessary plugins installed.

This is URGENT. I was hoping all WM- modules would be WCAG conformant, but many seem to not be.
    Sample here:
    http://rscinfotech.com/Marin/dancing-with-the-marin-stars/vote-now/
    — Check the first block, with two different accordions, one in toggle and one in regular.

Is the WM-Accordion Accessible or not?
    Thank you.

Again this is urgent the site goes live within 1 week.

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi jasonct203,

I’m sorry WM Accordion and WM Tabs modules/shortcodes added by WebMan Amplifier plugin are not accessible elements, as stated in the theme demo website (I also updated the FAQ page info with more details now).

As you can see in the theme demo website, I do not use them anywhere except the Elements page, just for preview of what is available.

Please understand that building an accessible website is a cautious process and requires lot of testing. But also please understand that the theme can be used for a non-accessible websites too (and actually most of them are), where users requested accordions and tabs. There is no way for the theme to automatically determine what type of website you are building so it can hide inaccessible page builder modules, but even so, hiding the modules could very easily become very confusing for users.

As mentioned in the FAQ page, you can use <details> HTML tag to create your toggles. That one should be perfectly accessible, though browser support for that tag is limited (but it falls back just fine).

I’m really sorry for any inconvenience caused. I should really make this information more accessible. I’ll go ahead and add this info into theme documentation.

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.