What\\\'s After Jazzmaster?

Home Forums Legacy themes & others What\\\'s After Jazzmaster?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

ph_sprecher
    Participant

What\\\'s After Jazzmaster?

Resolved

Hey there! Have you noticed this support service is provided FREE of charge?
    If you like the speed and accuracy of resolutions, please consider supporting me with a small donation. Thank you

Consider a donation →

Hi Oliver,

we’ve been using your Jazzmaster theme for years for http://www.insign.ch (and other sites). We have lots of content in all modules.

Now, we need to create a new WordPress page. What’s the best way to proceed? We’re discussing the following questions and it seems a little bit, that we have no clue where to start:

Do we need to re-create all content, since the current formatting is not matching with other themes?
    Is there a follow-up theme of yours, where we could migrate all content easily?
    Do you suggest to use the Gutenberg editor or do you prefer other solutions? And if, which ones?
    What do you think of the Avada theme?

I would love to discuss those topics with you, but I am also very happy if you could give me a short answer. Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
    Philipp Sprecher
    Switzerland
    +41 79 232 92 77

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi Philipp,

Please read the information provided at https://github.com/webmandesign/legacy/tree/master/themes

Do we need to re-create all content, since the current formatting is not matching with other themes?

This is not really needed. All the content should be ported fine. For custom post types and taxonomies you can use a conversion plugins (info in the link above).

However, the shortcodes will not be ported. WordPress is moving away from shortcodes and there are better alternatives nowadays. So, the content created using shortcodes will need to be edited, unfortunately.

Is there a follow-up theme of yours, where we could migrate all content easily?

No, not really. I banned the old (ThemeForest inspired) approach altogether in favor of more flexible and future-proof approach following WordPress best practices. I’m sorry for inconvenience this causes to you.

Do you suggest to use the Gutenberg editor or do you prefer other solutions? And if, which ones?

Currently the only theme I provide that is compatible with all the features of new WordPress editor (such as wide and full alignment) is free Reykjavik theme. I would personally build a website with the new WP editor (Gutenberg) nowadays. Though it does not provide all the bells and whistles a page builder plugin might offer yet, it’s getting there. And you can use whatever page builder plugin you prefer with my current themes (though I recommend Beaver Builder).

What do you think of the Avada theme?

I’m sorry, please understand I can not provide my opinion on that :) But I can say, if you want better theme, or even an accessibility ready theme, please have a look at my current portfolio. All I can say, Avada was built with old ThemeForest approach and I’m not sure how or if they’ve managed to stay up to date with new theme requirements…

If you have any more questions, just reply to this thread.

Thank you for understanding and I’m really sorry if this causes any inconvenience to you and your team!

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.