when changing to child theme, modifications are not kept

Home Forums Auberge when changing to child theme, modifications are not kept

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

pistru
    Participant

when changing to child theme, modifications are not kept

Resolved

Hi all!
    This is my first topic here, so hello everybody and thanks to who will help me.
    I’m having a problem creating the child theme with auberge theme. I followed all the steps, but when i activate it, all my modifications(like for example header image, page order, widgets styles) are not kept.
    Do I really have to do everything from the beginning?
    There’s no a “export/import” button in the customization panel.

Thanks
    Davide

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi Davide,

I’m sorry, but unfortunately, this is how WordPress works. It treats your child theme as a new theme and so you need to set its Appearance > Customizer and possibly also widgets and navigational menus settings again.

But page order (actually, I’m not really sure what you mean by that) should not be affected by switching to child theme.

This is why it is recommended to use a child theme immediately after installing a theme if you know you will be doing some modifications.

I’m sorry for inconvenience, but again, this is a WordPress native behavior and not an issue with the theme, actually.

Thank you for understanding.

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

pistru
    Participant

Hello Oliver,
    thanks for replying!
    Everything is working perfectly now.
    By “page order” I meant the “menu order” or how the pages in the top menu are displayed.
    i.e. first “homepage”, second “about us” and so on..

Thanks for your time!
    Regards
    Davide

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi Davide,

I’m glad it works well now :)

Just to provide complete information about those navigational menus, your menus are still saved in WordPress. After changing to a child theme you just possibly need to reassign your menus to theme menu locations in Appearance > Menus > Manage Locations.

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.