Widget Changes

Home Forums Auberge Widget Changes

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

luke
    Participant

Widget Changes

Resolved

Hey there! Have you noticed this support service is provided FREE of charge?
    If you like the speed and accuracy of resolutions, please consider supporting me with a small donation. Thank you

Consider a donation →

Hello. I’m using the Auberge theme and I would like to change the current footer widget masonry layout. I cannot find in the filesystem where the masonry layout is created so that I may change it. Can you direct me there?

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi luke,

Could you please describe your issue in more details? How would you like to change the masonry layout of your website footer widgets?

Can you also provide URL of the affected website? Thank you.

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

luke
    Participant

I would post the URL, but it’s actually localhosted at the moment. I’m looking to change the drop down from the normal three bar icon to a down arrow and then use js to change that down arrow to an up arrow once clicked on. I just can’t find what file I should be editing to fix this. Thanks

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi luke,

I’m looking to change the drop down from the normal three bar icon to a down arrow and then use js to change that down arrow to an up arrow once clicked on.

I’m sorry, I’m not sure I understand. This description seems to be related to theme mobile navigation.

While your ticket title and description is related to masonry layout of footer widgets area.

Can you please describe in more details, maybe provide screenshots?

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

luke
    Participant

Here is a screenshot.Image of the footer widget area.

I would prefer for the three bar dropdown to be a down arrow. I just can’t figure out where in the filesystem this HTML is. I really appreciate your help.

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi luke,

Please note that this is a theme styling a design issue. It is not actually related to masonry or any other JavaScript functionality.

To disable this style and to use the default browser dropdown select style, please use this custom CSS (no need for additional JavaScript as the functionality should be what you are looking for by default):

select {
    	-webkit-appearance: auto;
    	-moz-appearance: auto;
    	background-image: none;
    }

Tip: Please note that you should never edit theme files as you will loose your modifications once you update the theme in the future. Instead, you should use a child theme (which is not really required in this case).

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

luke
    Participant

Oh ok. Thank you so much I really appreciate your support!

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi luke,

You’re welcome, glad to help :) In case of further questions/issues, please don’t hesitate to log a new support ticket.

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.