Will only show 5 posts even if I change number of posts in settings

Home Forums Polyclinic Will only show 5 posts even if I change number of posts in settings

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    pm
    Participant

Will only show 5 posts even if I change number of posts in settings

Resolved

Hey there! Have you noticed this support service is provided FREE of charge?
    If you like the speed and accuracy of resolutions, please consider supporting me with a small donation. Thank you

Consider a donation →

I’ve changed Settings/Readings / Blog pages show at most = 20. However, it still only shows 5 blog posts no matter what I set this number to. All posts are saved and published.

Can you tell me where to change this number so I can adjust the number of posts that will display instead of just 5 please?

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi pm,

Please note that you have build the page you’ve provided URL to with Beaver Builder. So, the WordPress settings does not work here – they only work for native WordPress archive pages and blog page.

To edit the number of posts displayed on that page, please edit the posts module options in Beaver Builder.

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

pm
    Participant

Can you explain exactly where the post module option is in Beaver Builder? I do not see where to edit this number.

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi pm,

You can just edit the page with Beaver Builder and click any of the posts. The posts module options form should open.

For instructions on how to use Beaver Builder plugin, please refer to https://kb.wpbeaverbuilder.com/collection/2-beaver-builder-plugin or https://www.wpbeaverbuilder.com/6-beaver-builder-tutorial-videos-awesome-community/

By the way, if this is suppose to be standard WordPress blog page, you can simply set it up in WordPress settings. If you are new to WordPress, please check resources in theme documentation.

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

pm
    Participant

I don’t understand this. Apparently, you logged into my account and created a new page for posts? Not sure that I like this but whatever you did, I want the sidebar out of it. When I click beaver editor to edit YOUR page, I don’t see where to change this or where to change the number of posts that are shown.

I don’t have hours to dig through masses amount of reading to do this simple thing.

Please take the sidebar out of the page you created .

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi pm,

I’m sorry but I don’t understand what you mean. You haven’t provided me with any login details, so I couldn’t log into your website. And I certainly haven’t edited anything, nor created any page. It’s impossible to do without a login details.

Anyway, the advice I provided above should work without my intervention. There’s no need for me to log in. I only visited the URL you’ve provided in your ticket, that’s it.

Try to check your server logs to see for yourself. Or check who edited the affected page last time directly in WordPress page revisions. Also, what do you mean by “my” page? If someone created a new page on your server, you should see who it was – just check the page author.

When I visit the URL you’ve provided now, I can’t see any sidebar there. I haven’t visited other pages of your website.

Like I’ve mentioned in my previous reply, if you want to create a simple blog page just like on theme demo website, set up your WordPress. That’s standard and easy procedure. And sure, WordPress will display a sidebar on that page by default (actually, this depends also on a theme and Polyclinic displays a sidebar there). If you want to manage sidebars, please use a sidebar management plugin. Or if you are not using a sidebar at all, simply remove all widgets from it in Appearance → Widgets.

If you are new to WordPress, please read “First Steps With WordPress” in theme documentation.

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

I’ve just checked all your previous support tickets and you haven’t provided me with any login details to your website. Please understand that I simply can’t do anything with your website. Why you think it was me, actually?

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

pm
    Participant

A different page/layout appeared after I submitted question to you initially with the slug news-posts-page.

Regardless, after a ton of reading, all a person has to do is click the wrench icon on a post on the posts page when editing to change number to display on the page.

It would have been great for you to state it this way instead of submitting all the links to read through. This theme is a little confusing for someone who doesn’t use the admin area every day!

Thanks for your help.

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi pm,

A different page/layout appeared after I submitted question to you initially with the slug news-posts-page.

I’m sorry for your frustration, but please understand that I have no access to your website and I haven’t created any page there. I have to ask you to stop accusing me, please, it’s not fair. I’m trying to help you as best as I can. If someone created a page on your website, you can simply check who it was by checking the page author:

Regardless, after a ton of reading, all a person has to do is click the wrench icon on a post on the posts page when editing to change number to display on the page.

Please understand that your issue is related to a Beaver Builder page builder plugin usage, not a theme. You’ve build your blog page with Beaver Builder and that’s why the native WordPress posts count option doesn’t work there. Plugins are 3rd party software, and yet I’ve provided you with a solution in my reply. It’s true you can click the wrench icon to open the page builder module settings, but you can do the same simply by clicking “into” the module you want to edit – in your case you can click on any post on that page while you edit it with Beaver Builder (that’s what I wrote in my reply). What procedure seems easier for you it really depends on your preference.

If you are new to Beaver Builder, I can only point you to check the plugin documentation and tutorials. Please understand I can not teach a 3rd party software usage, I provide support for my products only. In case you are familiar with a different page builder plugin, you are free to use that one. The theme does not restrict you in any way.

Or you even don’t have to use any page builder plugin actually. The theme works perfectly fine without them, as any other theme. Everything depends on your needs, on your project.

A blog page is a default WordPress feature/functionality and I also provided you with a solution on how to set it up natively, in WordPress. If you set up your blog page in your WordPress settings, it will surely display the 20 posts you’ve set originally – as those are set via WordPress directly, not via page builder. Yes, it’s true this solution also displays a sidebar by default, but like I’ve mentioned in my previous reply, you can manage (hide) sidebar using a dedicated sidebar management plugin if you want, or, easier, if you don’t use a sidebar anywhere on your website, simply remove all the widgets from it (in Appearance → Widgets). It will not be displayed then.

You also don’t need to read entire theme user manual, it simply contains solutions for many problems you might experience and is organized accordingly. The link I’ve provided directs you specifically to the section describing how to set up a blog and a home (front) page in WordPress.

If you are new to WordPress, I also provided you with link to theme documentation section where you can find tutorials on how to use and set up WordPress – there are also video tutorials, you don’t need to read anything if you don’t want to. In those tutorials you can also find a procedure for how to set up default blog page in WordPress (without need of any page builder), just like in theme demo website (you can even install theme demo content on your own computer to see how things are done in demo).

This theme is a little confusing for someone who doesn’t use the admin area every day!

The theme has actually no settings in admin area. It is very plain, simply theme actually. Your issue was related to usage of Beaver Builder plugin, please understand that.

The other solutions I’ve provided here are WordPress basic solutions, they work with any theme.

Thank you for understanding.

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.