WM PROJECTS / CUSTOM POSTS ARE CONFLICTING WITHIN A PAGE, PART 2

Home Forums Monument Valley WM PROJECTS / CUSTOM POSTS ARE CONFLICTING WITHIN A PAGE, PART 2

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Lana
    Participant

WM PROJECTS / CUSTOM POSTS ARE CONFLICTING WITHIN A PAGE, PART 2

Resolved

Hey there! Have you noticed this support service is provided FREE of charge?
    If you like the speed and accuracy of resolutions, please consider supporting me with a small donation. Thank you

Consider a donation →

Hi Oliver!

I hope this finds you well! I am having an issue with WP projects, could you please help me again? I attached the screenshot of my website in development.

I have two 2 sets of WM PROJECTS / CUSTOM POSTS within a single page. One of them is supposed to showcase paving projects (I created Pavers Installation category in Projects with a number of sub-categories: driveway, paving, patio paving, pool deck paving, etc), another one is supposed to showcase Remodeling projects (same thing here, I created Remodeling category with a number of sub-categories: kitchen remodeling, bathroom remodeling, etc).

In order to make two of them to showcase different projects’ categories, I tried to apply category name for the first (From taxonomy: pavers_installation) and the second one (From taxonomy: remodeling) in Beaver Builder. It didn’t help, second one shows all projects in bulk, including Paving ones.

What also confuses me a lot is that I am not able to filter Remodeling projects by project_category. I wanted to help the user to filter them by kitchen remodeling, bathroom remodeling, etc but paving categories (driveway, paving, patio paving, etc) also pop out. Could you please tell me what I am doing wrong? I am sure that should be doable but I just can’t figure this out.

I look forward to receiving your reply!

Thank you!

Lana

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi Lana,

First, can you please confirm you are using Monument Valley theme? This support ticket is published under Modern theme forum. If you are using Monument Valley instead, please let me know so I can assign the ticket to correct forum. Thank you.

Using multiple instances of “WM Posts / Custom Posts” module on a page shouldn’t be an issue once your posts are organized appropriately (which they seem to be :)).

From your issue description I think you have set the module incorrectly. I understand this could become very confusing and I will do my best to improve the user experience for this setup. To explain more, it seems you forgot to include the taxonomy name/id. Please try these:

1. For the first WM Posts module set the “From taxonomy” field to project_category:pavers_installation (or most likely this should be project_category:pavers-installation – see the tip below).
    2. For the second WM Posts module set the “From taxonomy” field to project_category:remodeling.
    3. To enable filter of subcategories for the second WM Posts module, set the “Filter by” field to project_category:remodeling. This will create an animated filter from all project subcategories of your “Remodeling” parent category.

Please, let me know if these worked so I can close the ticket.

Tip: Also, please make sure your project category slugs are set correctly. I mean pavers_installation doesn’t seem correct to me, for example. WordPress tend to set slugs with -, not _, so I presume the correct project category slug would be pavers-installation. Please check for the correct project category slugs on Projects → Project Categories page.

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

Lana
    Participant

I do use Monument Valley – sorry for posting my ticket here! My custom posts work, thank you so much for your help again :-) And thank you for another beautiful theme, I can’t say enough about how much I like it!

Best,
    Lana

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi Lana,

Thank you for the feedback. I’ve assigned the ticket to correct forum now.

I’m glad you were able to resolve the issue and the theme is working fine for you :)

Have a great day!

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.