WooCommerce and WooSideBars crashing WordPress installation

Home Forums Icelander WooCommerce and WooSideBars crashing WordPress installation

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

rayw
    Participant

WooCommerce and WooSideBars crashing WordPress installation

Resolved

Hi! I purchased the Icelander wordpress theme and followed the Welcome instructions, installing the plugins as required. However, as I’m activating the plug-ins, it seems the WooCommerce and the WooSideBars are causing WordPress to ‘crash'(?), giving me a page saying
    “Internal Server Error
    The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
    Please contact the server administrator, and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
    More information about this error may be available in the server error log.” I can’t get to the log-in page anymore. I figured this out by re-installing WP more than 6 times. Have you come across this? I thought I’d check with you first. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
    Ray

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi Ray,

This does not seem to be a theme issue. Theme actually works perfectly fine with those plugins and you can see them in action at theme demo website.

First, I suggest using only those plugins you need. You don’t have to install all plugins the theme recommends. They are only recommendations. If you are not planning to create an e-commerce website, you don’t have to use WooCommerce plugin. Of course, this is not a solution to your problem, but just a tip, explanation ;)

The issue seems to be related to your server configuration. I suggest contacting your hosting provider and describe them what happens so they can provide you with solution. This is usually a problem with low cost hostings.
    You can also check your server PHP settings, maybe that will help too.
    You can also enable WordPress debug mode to see if it throws any specific error.

Tip: If a plugin causes issue on your server, you don’t have to reinstall WordPress to get back to your admin screen. You can simply access your server files via FTP, go to wp-content/plugins folder and rename (or delete) the plugin folder that caused the issue.

Tip: To see the theme works fine with those plugins you can test it on your own computer.

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

rayw
    Participant

Thanks so much for the awesomely fast response and tips!!! I’ll look into the all the solutions and post what worked!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.