WordPress 5.5 (and 5.5.1) Icon block breaks

Home Forums Cindy WordPress 5.5 (and 5.5.1) Icon block breaks

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    yorklink
    Participant

WordPress 5.5 (and 5.5.1) Icon block breaks

Resolved

Hey there! Have you noticed this support service is provided FREE of charge?
    If you like the speed and accuracy of resolutions, please consider supporting me with a small donation. Thank you

Consider a donation →

Hello,

I tried updating WordPress to 5.5 and then today 5.5.1 and both times I’ve had to revert back to the version prior to both of these. The update seems to break the icons – when I go to the page editor of what initially started as Home page 2 from the default content – it says that there’s an error on the icons and asks me to try and resolve or convert to html. Neither option does anything.

Wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue and if they know of a fix since not updating core wordpress will eventually become an issue.

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi yorklink,

Indeed, I experience the same issue, unfortunately. It seems WordPress 5.5+ changed a lot in block editor breaking many things…

The icons are added using CoBlocks plugin. I suggest asking the plugin support for help (so they can fix it in their plugin; I’ve already logged a ticket there) and/or you can simply delete the icon block and insert a new one (hopefully that should work).

PS: I’m currently working on a theme update to fix any WP5.5 theme related issues too.

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

yorklink
    Participant

Thanks for the update and suggestion!

dfawcett
    Participant

I had the same icon problem as well after updating. Do you know when you will be releasing the theme update to fix the WP5.5 theme related issues? Thanks

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi dfawcett,

Please understand this is not a theme issue. The issue is related to updated WordPress block editor and CoBlocks plugin. For more info check https://wordpress.org/support/topic/wordpress-5-5-icon-block-issue/ where I reported the issue to CoBlocks plugin support (and you can find a workaround there too).

PS: I’ve updated the theme demo content XML file now, so hopefully it won’t cause this issue in the future (unless WordPress changes things in its block editor again…).

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.