WP, Mustang Theme update and Visual Composer

Home Forums Mustang WP, Mustang Theme update and Visual Composer

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Sil75
    Participant

WP, Mustang Theme update and Visual Composer

Resolved

Hi,
    We upgraded our WP to version 4.9
    Mustang theme upgraded from version 1.4.7 to 1.8.1
    We still have Visual Composer V 4.5.1
    In back-office, we can see the shortcodes and content but cannot see this content in Visual Composer (blank). We know Mustang V 1.8.1 does not come as a bundle anymore and compatibility with old version of Visual Composer is not guaranteed (only latest version if I understood well)
    Question: do you really think if we buy the last version of Visual Composer – WPBakery Page Builder we will be able to edit our content just like before, without loosing anything (or just minor points)?
    Thanks for your advice

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi Sil75,

You should be able to edit the content after upgrading the plugin to most current version.

However, please note that I can’t say for sure if it will work without any problem as you are upgrading from very old versions. Please understand that you should keep your website up to date continuously to prevent any issues in the future.
    But I think you should be fine, really.

I continue testing the theme with current version of Visual Composer even if it’s not included with the theme, so the theme will work perfectly fine with the new version of the plugin.

The premium plugins were removed with the theme version 1.6 and you can still read the announcement at web archive now.

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Before you proceed, I suggest backing up your website. Both files and database. That way you can always revert back if something goes wrong with the updates.

You can use plugins for that, such as https://wordpress.org/plugins/updraftplus/ or https://wordpress.org/plugins/backupwordpress/ or others.

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

Sil75
    Participant

Hi Oliver,

Thanks for your prompt and detailed reply, as always.
    I will follow your advice.

Best regards,

Sil

• This reply was modified 8 months, 2 weeks ago by  Oliver Juhas. Reason: Making the reply public as there is no sensitive information
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.